Notice of the LYIT Students’ Union Elections 2022/2023 Elections for LYIT Students’ Union Officers will take place on Monday 4th and Tuesday 5th April 2022. Nominations are now invited from eligible students who wish to be candidates for election for the following positions:
Full-time Sabbatical Officers
- Students’ Union President (36 hours per week)
- Deputy President – Welfare & Equality Officer (36 hours per week)
- Deputy President – Education & Communications Officer (36 hours per week)
Part-time Non-Sabbatical Officer
- Clubs & Societies Officer (up to 18 hours per week)
Nominations open on Monday 28th February 2022.If you wish to seek nomination for a position, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org for a nomination form. Closing date for receipt of completed nomination forms is Wednesday 16th March 2022 at 12 noon.
- Strictly no canvassing permitted prior to close of nominations
- An election will be held where the number of candidates exceeds the number of seats available for any of the positions. Where there is only one candidate for any of the positions a plebiscite (yes/no vote) will take place.
- Polling will take place online from Monday 4th April at 9am until Tuesday 5th April at 9pm.